Saturday 22 February 2014

Getting to Know You: Part 2: The Fringe

It's weird the little things that make you, well you...



Every month I am going to try to do a bit of a 'get to know you' post with any wierd or wonderful topic that I have decided upon.  Last month, I started off this series with 'My Bookshelf', which you can read here, if your interested that is, otherwise, just don't click on the link and you will never see what a wonderful collection of books I have, but then again I'm biased.

Anywho, this month I have picked 'The Fringe'.  Right, I know that hair is important to everybody, it plays such a massive part in how we present ourselves and for some makes up a little part of who we are.  For me, I don't define myself by my hair, I am quite happy to chop and change it however I feel like.  I'm certainly not the type of person who has lovely long flowing locks who couldn't possibly dream of cutting them off.  However, even though I am quite happy to get scissor happy at the drop of  a hat, there is one piece of me that has always been there... the fringe.

Now for most people having a fringe cut in is quite a big step, but for me, it's the other way round, growing it our actually scares the sh*t out of me, I feel weird and exposed without it.  It's been with me for the last twenty seven years, of course I'm going to feel somewhat attached to it!  Although it gets cut, grown over to the side, cute again, cut shorter, grown long and sweeping over my face, the fact remains that it is always there.

So yes, like I said, it's been there the last twenty seven years.  You know those little toddlers you see that look so cute with their great big huge fringes that their mammy cut in, well I was one of those, except the difference in my case is that I still am.  Well technically not a toddler, but I still have the big fringe.

Right now I'm at a weird point with my hair, I've reached a weird kind of phase where I'm bored of having a fringe but scared to grow it out, I'm worried that people will look at me and think, 'christ, what the hell has she done to her hair'.  I'm trying to consider exactly what I want done, trying to limit the thoughts of 'oh my god, why god why' after emerging from the hairdressers.  If you have any ideas of what hairstyles you think would suit me then please leave a comment below... I will entertain most ideas, however, just so you know, skinhead is not an option.

So thats it really, me, my fringe and I.  Let me know if you too are long term fringer, I'd love to know I'm not the only one out there!

p.s. I edit all my pics with PicMonkey.

Stay Sexy,




8 comments:

  1. i would never have guessed you were 27 !! you do not look that age (younger i assure you) maybe just grow your fringe to more of a side one, maybe a karlie kloss bob ?
    Lauren x
    Britton Loves | Fashion Lifestyle + Photography - www.brittonloves.blogspot.co.uk
    Support my Photography Project here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It's always fun to have a change though - I implore to to try something new, if only for the sake of trying something else out. Godspeed! ;)

    Allison Katelyn @ http://simplesilverlinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Love the fringe but don't think I'd be brave enough to try it out.

    E, x
    http://loveisrealbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fringe... It suits you very well!
    I couldn't live without mine. I don't like my forehead. :'D My fringe is just an inseparable part of me! : )

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I think the fringe suits you well! Hope you've had a lovely weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaah you look so pretty with the fringe! :D :D
    the-glamorous-diva.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking through my childhood pictures a lot recently and I was one of those kids that had a fringe and every time I see little me with a fringe I want one again. I've been deciding whether or not I want to get it back but just haven't taken the plunge yet... I'll probably do it in the next few months though :)

    Erin, beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fringes! Unfortunately every time I've decided to take the plunge I've regretted it right after the first wash! For me it works great in theory, not so much in practice.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete