Thursday 12 December 2013

Heart Shaped Box
















"Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice"

This post's TUNE comes from none other than the little legends that are Nirvana.  Let's not muck about here, you all know who Nirvana are, and if for some reason you have been living under a rock for many years then shame on you, go and find out who the hell they are.  I think I may have already divulged details on my teenage grumpy grunge stage, whereby I loved all these kind of bands but just didn't choose to sign up to the whole greasy not washing thing.  Nirvana have shaped musical history, they are instantly recognisable and all of their songs are raw and emotional,  they leave their impact on you no matter what you opinion on this band. 
I could write a whole essay on Kurt Cobain, with whom I was utterly obsessed with when I was younger even though by the time I had discovered him he was unfortunately already gone, having taken his own life.  There is many a conspiracy surrounding Kurt Cobain's death and if you ever find yourself at a loose end have a read up on it, you'll get sucked in I promise you and want to know more and more.  Despite all the controversy there is no denying that Kurt Cobain was a talented man who although gone is not forgotten along with all the other in the 27 club, I loved you all.
You can listen to this amazing tune here and check out Nirvana in more detail here.

Right then.......





Leggings: Matalan (£12.00)
Coat: Primark (old)
Boots: Topshop (£36.00)
Socks: Matalan (old)
Backpack: Camden Market (prezzie)
Jumper: Primark (£6.00)
Shirt: New Look (£12.99)
Bobble Hat: H&M (£6.99)

On another one of my very welcome days off from work I went to Carmarthen for a little day trip, done a spot of shopping and generally had a bit of a wander round.  It's somewhere I absolutely love but only ever visit every now and again as I guess it's just that little bit too far for it to be a regular destination of mine.  If you are ever in my beautiful South Wales (don't know why I say 'my' then, I don't own it, South Wales doesn't belong to me), then be sure to take your selves over to the west and get yourself to Camarthen, it's a lovely little town so it is.

Anywho, this is my attempt at trying to be cool.  What I've realised is that although it's good to have a particular style mixing it up a bit never hurt anyone, unless of course I was to wear a massively studded jacket which in turn took out a passerby's eye...  Where was I, oh yeah, so generally I would say that my go to style is pretty classic, that last outfit post pretty much summed it up, it's how I feel most comfortable, but I do like a bit of grungy tomboy and also a bit of whatever else takes my fancy.

These leggings were an absolute bargain from Matalan which is fast becoming my favourite shop and I can't help but pick up something whenever I'm in there.  Good for Matalan, not so good for my bank account...  So yup, to give these leggings a bit of a twist I folded up to give a short leg and combined it with my most beloved Topshop boots and my lovely woolly black and white socks from Matalan.

The jumper was a bargain at just six quid, but given it's size 8 it's just a touch to baggy, so I would recommend picking up a size smaller if you decide you want one yourself.  As per usual I stuck a shirt underneath because I think I'm starting to find it physically impossible not to put a shirt under everything... I think I may have a problem.

Last but not least, I wore my old Primark coat over the top, my new bobble hat which fits just right and added my leather Camden backpack.  Bish bash bosh, job done.

What you think?

Cheerio,



24 comments:

  1. Haha, I happened to have popped into Matalan today! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! The hat really suits you :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense in fashion! Love your hair cut btw :)

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful coat! I'm still searching for such a classic coat for winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog Helen, what a pleasure to have a look :)
    I like Nirvana too, I haven't listened to them in a long while though, this has made me want to put them on.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful song. Nirvana are my all-time favourite band! Love your outfit and Carmarthen looks lovely! x
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look. Casual yet trendy. Great choices, love the leggings :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous casual look - love the coat!
    Following your blog!

    http://www.MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..!! Really Fantastic Outfit. U look Pretty:)
    Love the Coat and Hat:)

    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great song, love that album, Penny royal tea being a personal fav! Love your outfit too, cute fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the leggings. I don't think I've ever bought anything from Matalan, the nearest store isn't that convenient for me to get to.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen, you have an excellent name, excellent leggins and excellent hair.. Icing on the cake? You've only gone and got excellent music taste too. What a beaut of a blog to find..

    pierrelecat | UK jewellery blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your coat and your leggings!
    gorgeous outfit <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah I adore, this outfit you look rad, the coat and leggings are amazing!
    Now following your lovely blog gorge!
    xx

    BlueVioletHearts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute outfit! I really love the combination of classic pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this look, I'm so impressed at those leggings from Matalan, as well as that Primark coat.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look amazing! i love the bobble hat :)))

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hat's soooo cute! I don't suit hats at all I don't think, but you totally pull it off!


    Natalie xx
    www.nataliecatherine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a perfect winter outfit! i love the coat and the boots!
    Tihana,
    Unicorns, Heels and American Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't go wrong with Nirvana! Loving the print on the pants and the coat is great :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great look! I love how classy and chic it is, the leggings are definitely a great piece, and even more since you got them for a good deal!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete