Friday 28 September 2012

The Valleys...errrmmmm

The Valleys has landed on MTV and after hearing all the hype and rumours about this new show I thought it best to form my own opinions about it.... 

So I’m not here to slate the show, I suppose, despite everything it makes viewing that no matter how much you don’t want to look at it you, can’t tear you eyes away!  And, whether it was intentional or not, it turned out to be quite funny.  But I would just like to give my own opinion on what it is really like in the valleys, especially seen as being a valleys girl myself, I’m a bit of an expert.

Ok, so just to start with, I have a job, bought my own house and car and know that from where I live it takes about 30 minutes to get to Cardiff, which is easily accessible by bus, train and car! Oh, and also, to get from the valleys to Cardiff we certainly don’t travel down the M4. 

Although it’s true that there are a number of people without jobs here, I’m sure that if you looked around the country you would find the same proportion of people unemployed, so please do not think we are all the same and that the only way for us to get anywhere in life is for us to move to the big lights of Cardiff.

Although there are (quite a few I’m sure) exceptions to the rule we do not all spend our time dreaming of becoming glamour models and spending every night on the tiles getting wrecked and going home with a different bloke on every occasion!

And finally, the valleys is not “sh*t”, as per the opening line of the program, so there!
This being said, I think it’s fair to say we’re more than happy to have a laugh at ourselves, and embrace our good old valleys, just please don’t judge us by this lot!!

Please Watch it and gage your own opinion, and be sure to let me know!

Phew, well boy am I glad to get that off my chest, I feel well lush now.

Tidy butt innit :)



No comments:

Post a Comment